Some heart idioms for Valentine's Day ... how many do you know and use?
- to cross your heart and hope to die -to promise
- to have a change of heart -to change your mind
- to have your heart set on something - to really want something
- to take something to heart- to have your feelings hurt by something someone else says or does
- to have a heart of gold - to care about other people
- to eat your heart out - to be jealous of someone
- to cry your heart out - to cry a lot
- to have a big heart - to be giving, caring
- from the bottom of your heart - to really mean something
- to set your heart at rest - stop worrying about something
- to be cold-hearted -lacking in sympathy
- to wear your heart on your sleeve- to let everyone know how you feel
- to have a heart - to be compassionate
- to be soft hearted - to be sympathetic
- to have your heart in your mouth- to be scared or nervous
Hope you have a good Valentine's Day!
Lisa & Tracey
Keep in touch ...
Join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TalkingTotsUK
Follow us on Twitter @LisaTalkingTots @TJPTalkingTots @TalkingTots