Winter is here and some of us are getting a lot of rain!
A great game to help develop language skills when stuck indoors is to make an obstacle course!
You can make an indoor obstacle indoor course with some of the following items:
- Cardboard boxes
- Washing baskets
- Pop up tunnels
Once you’ve set the course up … you and your little one are ready to go!
- Climb under or over chairs or tables
- Crawl under blankets
- Walk on top of chairs
- Throw balls & balloons into baskets
- Go through boxes like tunnels
- Climb over the sofa
- Jump from the sofa onto a big piles of pillows
- Stand on cushions like stepping stones
- Keep a balloon in the air for as long as possible
- Limbo under ribbons
The possibilities are endless!
Repetition of key vocabulary helps to naturally promote speech and language development.
Key words for navigating your obstacle course could include:
- In and out
- On and off
- Under and over
- Up and down
- In front and behind
- Fast & slow
- High & low
- Falling (!)
And of course … our very favourite Ready, Steady ….Gooooo!